Monday, April 13, 2009

A good idea ... gone BAD!



So... there was this one time... when there was an Ostrich Farm in our town, and we took a tour. I found out that an Ostrich Egg weighs about 3 pounds and has the equivilent of 25 egg yolks inside. Also, on our fun little tour we learned that an Ostrich weighs about 250 pounds and can SIT ON THE EGG without busting it. Yes... that is right... an egg can withstand 250 pounds. To reinforce this fact we saw someone that weighs over 200 pounds stand on the egg without breaking it. I decided that for Easter, I wanted to make the largest deviled egg like.. ever. So, in order to do this I would need to boil the egg for 2 hours. I was so excited.. I picked out my egg and took it to the church to show Andy. We were outside on the patio of the church and an older couple walked up and OF COURSE I needed to make a big deal about my sweet egg idea! I gave them all of the fun facts that I learned about the egg and then went on and on about how you can stand on it without breaking it. SOOOOOOOOOOO what do we do? WE SHOW THEM OF COURSE!!! SO Andy stands up on the egg and the WHOLE THING EXPLODES UNDER HIS FEET!!! Now keep in mind, Andy probably weighs about 180 (sorry Andy) and this thing still busted! You should have seen our faces! I'm not sure the old people knew what to do... they didn't know if it was a joke or what! So..... we were left to clean up the egg remains that had exploded about 4 feet AND... my awesome idea was no longer awesome! (wa wa wa...) - Stacey

1 comment:

  1. You guys really are so cool now that you have a blogspot. you just better keep posting fun stories like this one, because nerds like me really will check this daily. wish i could've seen your faces when the egg broke.
    hope you're having a good week! love ya guys!
    ~tracy

    ReplyDelete